- Let's face it, you do all the real work during your education. I merely help show the way.
- Born: Scott Holloway, February 10th, 1969 in Lompoc, CA.
- Married to Vicki in 1997.
- Caden, my son, was born September 10th, 2003.
- Jenna, my daughter, was born March 2nd, 2006.
- MA in Science Education (with distinction), CSUN, 2010
- Single Subject Credential in physics, CSUN, 1998
- BA in English, UCSB, 1992
- Graduated from Lompoc High, 1987 (Go Braves!)
- Presidential Award of Excellence in Math and Science Teaching 2013 (awarded in 2015)
- Continuing Service Award (PTSA, Westlake High, 2015)
- Certificate of Excellence, Life Changer of the Year Nominee, National Life Group (2015)
- Yale Educator Award (2014)
- Teacher of Merit, Intel (2014)
- Distinguished Teacher, TEACH California (2013)
- Recognition for Exceptional Teaching, Stanford (2012, 2014)
- Outstanding Educator Award, University of Chicago (2012)
- Presenter - TEDxConejo (2012) (presentation)
- Conejo Valley Unified School District Teacher of the Month (2010)
- Biltmore's Who's Who of Executives and Professionals (2011, 2012)
- Presenter - National Science Teacher Association National Conference (2011)
- Honorary Service Award (PTSA, Westlake High, 2010)
- California Teacher of the Year (Teachers Insurance Co., 2009)
- Recognition - Outstanding Teacher (UCSD, 2007)
- 4th Place, Canon Envirothon International, Coach (El Camino Real High, 2006)
- Envirothon State Champion, Coach (El Camino Real High, 2006)
- LA's Most Inspirational Teachers (City of Los Angeles, 2004)
- Teacher of the Year (Student Selected, El Camino Real High, 2002)
- 3-time CIF City Champions, Girls Soccer, Coach (El Camino Real High, 2002-2004)
- Outstanding Student Teacher Award (CSUN 1998)
- Shushi Oaks - the best!
- Natural Cafe
- Blue Stove (Nordstroms)
- PF Changs
- Melting Pot
Other Good Eats
- Sea Casa
- Blade Runner
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- The Princess Bride
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Favorite Musical Artists
- Linkin Park
- Green Day
- Sarah McLaughlin
- Cowboy Junkies
- Oingo Boingo
- Tori Amos
- New Order
- Mountain biking - usually in Sycamore Canyon (my backyard)
- Snow boarding - Mammoth!
- Surfing - although I rarely get out any more, a day in the water is always good
- Backpacking - I try to get in at least two trips a year, but lately that has been difficult
- Camping - family camp trips are great - Yosemite, Mammoth, Sequoia, Leo Carrillo, Montana de Oro
- Photography - Although I am not great, nor do I have a great camera, I really enjoy taking photos while on hikes
- Hiking - any good trail that is in nature without a ton of people
- Sports - I am a participant and not a spectator. I enjoy soccer, volleyball, pick (you'll have to ask) and tennis the most (nowadays (my knees cannot handle too much) but now that my son and daughter are playing soccer, I am getting out with them a lot. They are both naturals; must take after their mother.
More to follow...